Students & Graduates
Why start your future at BayWa?
As an internationally active trade, logistics and services company, BayWa is an attractive employer. This is especially true for those just starting out in their careers. There are a variety of prospects that can be used according to your abilities and inclinations. (In German)
5 good reasons to start your career at BayWa
- BayWa is a large company with almost 19,200 employees.
- BayWa is represented in many regions of Germany, Europe and the world, trading on all continents.
- BayWa offers a multitude of fields and career chances for career starters with academic degrees. Depending on your training, you can find work in our Agriculture, Energy, Building Materials and Innovation & Digitalisation Segments, but also in central function areas such as controlling, marketing, personnel management, corporate purchasing, legal, etc.
- BayWa furthers your professional development with targeted measures. These can be solid training concepts or product management seminars, for example – it all depends on the task at hand. Your individual professional development according to your personal strengths is in the foreground.
- Your final position at BayWa might be managing an agricultural enterprise or one of the central organisational units, or as an expert in one of our divisions.
Our Sales trainee programme: Supporting and challenging individuallyIn our programme, you will learn skills in the area of agricultural operating resources sales and the purchase of agricultural products.
In your job full of opportunities, we offer:
- An excellent entry and development programme all the way up to challenging target positions in Sales.
- Accompaniment by a mentor during the course of the programme and additional support from trainee supervisors at the respective stations. This ensures optimal oversight of your learning progress, facilitating your development. Ever-present building blocks are customised measures for qualification, trainee reports and assessments after each station change.
- The programme's duration is 12 months. Training is conducted in a pre-established business sector. You will go through four to six different stations to guarantee your successful start in Sales when the programme has ended.
- You benefit from systematic accompaniment and assessment of your development by a mentor, all according to the basic principle of “supporting and challenging”
- A mentor will be at your side for organisational matters
- You will assume responsibility for complex tasks and projects early on as part of your day-to-day business.
- At the end of the trainee programme, goal-oriented activities and talks will aid in integration in your new job
This is what you need:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in the field of agriculture or agricultural technologies
- Enthusiasm for active customer contact, initiative
- Persuasiveness and talent in sales
- Social competence when dealing with customers, fellow employees and colleagues
- Regional mobility
- Practical experience in the field of agriculture
Application and entry are possible at any time.
Our opportunities for studentsThere are a variety of career development opportunities for students at BayWa. Whether as an intern, a working student or while working on your thesis: We offer interesting insights, practical experience and support in your studies.
Internships at BayWa
Depending on your respective study regulations, we offer you pre-, interim and concluding internships. This way, you can gain insight into our corporation, the field and the professional world and fulfil your study requirements at the same time. Please note that the duration of your internship must be at least six weeks.
Working students at BayWa
As a working student, you can put the skills and knowledge you've gained in your studies into practice, furthering your development.
Writing your thesis at BayWa
At the end of your studies, you can write your thesis based on practical experience from working on a specifically-defined task at BayWa. Current topics to base your thesis on and apply for now are listed in BayWa's career portal. You can also submit your proposed topic to us.
Please contact the application management team at +49 (0) 89 9222-4266 for this.